Thursday, October 11, 2007

High tech !

This is my Cervelo P3C, the bike I will have to do it with, this Saturday. A nice little bike, even though I am saying that myself. My brand new Zipp wheels are on now. What a difference with my training wheels, which I have been using here over the last 3 weeks. My bike looks quite fast, now all I have to hope for is that my legs will follow through too.
For the people that have an interest in this: everybody will be able to follow my SRM data and my position during the bike leg via GPS. Go and look at http://2peak.com/srm/srm_kona_2007/hawaii.php
I will be using this together with Faris Al-Sultan, Cameron Brown and Luke Bell. So if you follow the race from home behind your computer, it will be possible to continuously check and compare our positions, speed and wattages. All this thanks to a little transmitter behind our saddle pens. If you look at images from me on my bike and you wonder what this little grey box on my bike is , then you know this is my transmitter. It’s not on my bike yet currently, so you don’t have to check today’s picture yet.
Tomorrow I have a busy day. I will do a short swim and bike training. I also have to go to the pre-race press conference and the pro briefing meeting. I hope I will have some time left to rest!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonjour Rutger, familie en entourage

Al een tijdje val ik meme hier lastig met dezelfde vraag. Waarop meme telkens: 'ah goed eh!' En meer moest ik ni weten! Maar nu toch maar eens moeite doen om wat meer en gedetailleerde bronnen te raadplegen want ook hier stijgt de spanning!
Veel moed en succes tijdens die laatste zenuwslopende uren. Deelt daar maar een paar goeie lappen uit!
Veel gesupporterde groeten vanuit Rode.

Joost

10:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

High Tech lijkt me het minste wat ge ervan kunt zeggen :-). Prachtige fiets voor een prachtige atleet.
Veel succes, geef er daar maar eens een serieuze lap op...
We denken aan jullie.
Groetjes uit Alsemberg van K, K, N, I&W

11:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck and race hard !!!

7:23 AM

 
Blogger Helene said...

Rutger naar de top !!!
Heel veel succes en courage morgen !!!!

Groetjes van de drakenzeilers uit Zeebrugge

1:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rutger rules !

Mijn pronostiek:

1. Rutger
4. Marino
9. Luc

9:00 PM

 
Blogger Zubi said...

Rutger no bad luck for your race.

Thanks so much, for giving us (a age groupers) the opportunity to see how you live these moments a professional.

And I love your blog because you live these moments with the entire family.


A big hug, Zubi from Spain.

9:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home