Friday, September 28, 2007

Under Colleagues

Kona is slowly changing. You can see more and more that we are only two weeks away from ‘the mother of all triathlons’: The 2007 Ford Ironman World Championship. Please don’t forget to mention Ford, otherwise you risk being sued by WTC eventually. Right now, I have had enough from lawsuits. -:)
In the last few days I also have encountered some ‘big cannons ’ over here: My countryman Marino Vanhoenacker (he is here together with Gerrit Schellens. Gerrit has qualified but will not race because of a bike accident a few weeks ago). I also have seen Cameron Brown. Last week, in the swimming pool, I met Ironman Hawaii rookie Craig Alexander ( a candidate for the victory, according to me, despite his lack of experience in Hawaii). This morning I saw Chris McCormack (aka Macca). He is my big favorite for this year. All the other big shots will probably arrive in Kona during the next few days. I know, for instance, that Luc Van Lierde will land shortly. This year again, it is a long ‘shortlist’ of toppers. It will be a big fight to end in the top 10 again! As usual, there are at least 25 people who are aspiring a spot in that top 10. Somehow I like that!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, there are quite a few ones for the victory and you are defenetly one of those !!!!

9:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home