Friday, September 21, 2007

Good evening,

It is Thursday night, 9pm here. We are now a week in Hawaii. Another 3 weeks and it will be race day again. My training sessions are going smoothly. Of course, I am not training here in the easiest conditions, but that’s exactly why I am coming to Hawaii that early. After a while, I can feel that my body is adapting a little bit to the heat and the humidity. I have the impression though that the weather conditions have changed a bit since 2003, when I participated here for the first time. The sun is shining less hours per day and there is also more rain than in that first year. It probably is all due to the global warming of the earth.
Today, around 11.30 am, I went for a 17km run. About at the peak of the heat during the day. I am doing this once in a while to get used to the running in a blistering sun. I do take my fuelbelt though, so that I have water to drink. I actually enjoy this ‘burning’ exercise, it makes me sweat like hell. It feels like standing under a shower.


In one hour, Benny Vansteelant will be buried. We will be at the funeral with our thoughts. I wish brother Joeri and his family a lot of strength once more.

Farewell, Benny…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home