Saturday, September 15, 2007

In Kona at last!

After 36 hours of travel, we finally arrived in Kona. What a terribly long journey, especially for Tille. During the 11 hour flight from London to San Francisco, she slept for one hour only. While we stayed over in San Francisco though, she slept for almost 8 hours. When we finally landed in Kona at 11 am Thursday , we were all exhausted.
For the first time, this year Sofie had made reservations herself via the internet: it has never been cheaper. Hence we were a little nervous to see whether the condo would be nice and comfortable. No problem at all: it was spacious, hospitable and had 3 bedrooms. The complex also has a nice pool ( with a Jacuzzi for after the race). Yesterday, after dinner, we went to bed early, dragged down by the jetlag.

This morning, I did my first training: one hour of swimming. Afterwards Sofie also went for a swim, while I played with Tille in the kids pool.

For the remainder of this week, I have planned light training sessios only, so that I can quietly adapt to the local time and the heat. Next Monday I will switch back to the more serious workouts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home