Friday, April 11, 2008

Ready for the race!

Hello,

I have been here in Arizona for over a week now. The race is getting very close. Today the ‘circus’ has really started. This morning I went for registration, together with Claude, my coach. Being the winner of last year, they gave me the #1 BIB number. Cool!
The past week, I have been training here a little bit every day, but compared to what I did in the previous weeks at home, this was only peanuts. As a result, I start to feel really relaxed and almost ready to go. All week the weather has been splendid over here. A little fresher now than earlier. The predictions for the week-end are fantastic though. From now on, it will become a little hotter every day en for Sunday the prediction is 92 degrees Fahrenheit. Really the weather that I like! Yesterday Mike Cox, a bike mechanic, who drives around to help, came by. He gave the final touch to my bike (Cervelo P3C). My race wheels have been mounted and now my little machine looks very fast.
This morning, I got a very stressing surprise. I wanted to have a swim in Lake Tempe (where the race will begin) with my wetsuit. I started to undress, took my wetsuit and what did I see: stupid Mr. Beke took Sofie’s wetsuit to the US. I was lucky though: 10 minutes later, I already had the right wetsuit in my hands. The local distributor had a stand 10 meters away and was willing to lend me one for the race.
This race is the start of my 2008 season, a season that I am expecting a lot from!
Greetings from Ahwatukee.
Rutger

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rutger,

what was going on ...?
Good swim, good cycling , ...?

Hope you are fine.

Cheers,
Simon
(amateur-arinso-triathet)

2:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home