Tuesday, April 01, 2008

News at the beginning of the 2008 season

Hello everyone,
It has been too long a time, since I published something on my website. So, with the new season now starting for me too, it’s time that I tell you how I am doing currently. Everything goes quite well. I have been able to train all winter without injuries. That has given me a lot of confidence, especially with regard to my running. I already have two training camps behind me. In January, I spent two weeks in Lanzarote. Afterwards, I went to South-Africa (Potchefstroom) for 3 weeks with other athletes from the Belgian national team. (this is my sixth consecutive year that I go there)
Tomorrow, I am leaving for Arizona, where I will do my first Ironman of the year. This is a very important race for me, my first race after finishing 898th in Hawaii last year. So, I have to prove something! Moreover, for the first time since my debut in Kona, I have to qualify for next year’s race in Hawaii. That gives more pressure, but I have been training a lot and hard, so I think I am ready for it.

With regard to my sponsoring, almost everything remained unchanged. I am still on the payroll of BLOSO. My main sponsor remains Arinso (actually after being acquired it will become Northgate-Arinso). Oil Service remains a co-sponsor and I also continue running with Nike. I still bike on my ‘little P3C Cervelo’ and my other material sponsors are Zipp, Profile Design, Giro, Fizik, Squeezy and Fuel Belt.

I promise that I will report on a more regular basis for the remainder of the season. (Writing this down is a way to oblige myself.)

Greetings,

Rutger

PS: I still owe you the most important news: Tille will get a little brother or sister soon! I am sooooooooo glaaaaad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home