Friday, November 17, 2006

The competition

The weather was sunny and beautiful today. I hope that tomorrow it will be similar. This morning I went for another swim (in my wetsuit) and afterwards we tried once more to find and explore the bike circuit. This time we made it! In the afternoon, I went for a walk to the race site, together with Yves. Over there we met the Belgian ambassador and his wife. Nice people! In the end we were invited to come to the consulate on Monday for a drink, before leaving to go back home. This evening I also phoned with Sofie. She had some special news: Eric Dupain, a sports reporter from the Belgian Television, will write a book about my presumed doping affair.
Tomorrow is race day. I am feeling quite well, but I do not know whether I was able to maintain my condition from Hawaii. I am shooting for a place in the top-3. I think my main competitors will be Craig Alexander (Australian who won the world championship 70.3 last week in Florida), the Brit Andrew Johns (who beat me earlier this year in the Marc Herremans Classic), the Dane Torbjorn Sindballe (the best biker last year in Hawaii), my teammate Marino Vanhoenacker en finally the whole French team. The latter are dangerous because they are all excellent swimmers, so they typically will come jointly out of the water first and then they will start biking as a team to further distance the competition. If you want to follow the race live on internet you should go to the following website http://worldlongdistance2006.com/default.asp?PageID=7145

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home